Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review of Swissco 5-Piece Shave Set, Nickel, Badger, Mach 3, Bowl & Soap, 19.6-Ounce Box

Swissco 5-Piece Shave Set, Nickel, Badger, Mach 3, Bowl & Soap, 19.6-Ounce Box
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I have shaved with a shaving brush & soap for a couple of years now, until recently using a low-end (plastic) Burma-Shave shaving brush to make up my morning lather. After surfing many internet sites, I found this one to be be the best value in terms of style, (presumed) quality and cost. (Some comparable sets go for $150 - $200!) When I received it, I knew I had made a great decision as to the cost/value of my purchase. The brush and razor handles, cup and stand are all very high quality nickle-plated steel.The brush and razor handle are solid metal, which provide considerable heft.The badger bristles on the brush are quite fine and work up a good lather quickly.The razor handle is compatible with a Gillette Mach 3 Razor (my preferred brand). The shaving soap that accompanies the set is passable, but I prefer to use my favorite - Lightfoot's Pure Pine-Scented Soap (that I obtained elsewhere).If you like to shave "the old fashioned way" like I do, this is a luxurious way to do it (without breaking the bank).

UPDATE (July 2010):When I reviewed this item in 2004, it cost less than 1/2 of its current price, and about 50% less than most similar items.While it is still a great item, I am hard-pressed to justify paying $179 for it today.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Swissco 5-Piece Shave Set, Nickel, Badger, Mach 3, Bowl and Soap, 19.6-Ounce Box

Product Description:
For the man with distinguished tastes -- a stately shave set made by Italy's finest craftsmen. Features a natural badger bristle shave brush, metallic silver razor, and a stand to hold them both.
Contents:


    Nickel Plated Bowl
    Badger Brush
    Mach 3 Razor
    50g Sapone Da Barba ~ Shaving Soap




Buy Now

Want to buy Swissco 5-Piece Shave Set, Nickel, Badger, Mach 3, Bowl and Soap, 19.6-Ounce Box at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment